Mediator Rajiv Chelani
Rajiv provides a professional service to his clients. He makes good use of his global commercial expertise gained over 23 years in various roles in 3 continents in corporate and community sector. He worked in varied project management, commercial and community leadership roles.
Having actively got engaged in community projects since 2004 and via his responsibilities being a local councillor, he trained to become an accredited mediator (SPC, London) and attained further Mediation qualifications from West Midlands Mediation and Transformation Services Level 3 of Mediation qualifications in via the Open College Network, UK. In the 22nd edition (2010) of Asian’s Who’s Who directory of British Asians, Rajiv’s name has been added.
Rajiv has taken on responsibilities such as Board member of Citizens Advice in Maidenhead, Committee member of community Partnership in RBWM, being on the victim support scheme at county level and Committee member of Affiliations committee in Mediators Beyond Borders. He has raised many a voices on social issues.
- Mediation / Arbitration – helping conflicting parties in dispute to reach an agreement they are content with and avoid having to go to a tribunal or court hearing. The scope of Mediation ranges from Community, Commercial, Workplace, ethnicity and International disputes.
- Restorative Justice Facilitation – It allows Victims and Offenders of crime come face 2 face and engage to understand each other. It reduces rates of re-offending and also the trauma faced by the victims.
- General Facilitation – for meetings, especially where parties have difficulty reaching an agreement, for example, over a policy issue, cultural / diversity aspects. Several stake holders could be involved.
- Training – Train individuals and teams in Corporate / Public sector / NGOs in Conflict Resolution, Mediation and Restorative Justice.
Rajiv has developed his expertise through:
- His work with Thames Valley & Greater London based mediation services.His training as an accredited Mediator with SPC, Regents College, London.
- As a Sr. Manager in Global500 companies as front-end negotiator.
- Restorative Justice Facilitator in Thames Valley (Berks, Bucks, Oxon)
- Panel member of Community Partnership group in the Royal Borough.
- Training in Equality and Diversity
Rajiv, besides being a Mediator is an active member of Appeal panels and member of steering committee of various voluntary organisations in the Royal borough and other renowned UK based bodies.
He is an elected member of Royal borough of Windsor and Maidenhead and represents on the board of CAB, Maidenhead, Youth Counselling service, panellist of Community Partnerships & Berkshire’s Victim support scheme. He is also a panellist in the Youth Offending Service in the Royal Borough.
Having worked with people of varied nationalities (in three continents), there is a strong cross-cultural focus which Rajiv can bring about. This has also helped him to be sensitive and resolve disputes based on different belief & value systems.
Some of his current assignments /engagement are listed below:
- Mediator with Capital Conflict Management CIC, London
- Mediator with Law Works, London
- Facilitator with Thames Valley Restorative Justice service
- Expert panel and author of Mediation in IGNOU (National Open Univ. of India)
- Member of International affiliations committee of Mediators Beyond Borders
- Member of UN Studies Association, Berlin, Germany
- Member of Peace and Collaborative Development Network
- Mediation panel member of Effective Dispute Solutions Limited
Details of representative Qualification / Trainings
- Accredited Mediator – SPCP, Regents College London
- Mediation – by CCM, London, equals Level 3 of OCN qualification
- Restorative Principles training – trained by Thames Valley Police – 3 days
- Victim Empathy – Trained by Thames Valley Probation Service – on going
- Non Violent Communication – based on Marshal Rosenberg trng. – 2 days
- Equality and Diversity – Training by Directorate of Equality and Diversity
- Restorative Justice Consortium Winter forum – At Bullingdon Prison – 1 day
- Workshop on Mediation in Muslim community – by Tony Whatling
- Mediation Workshop on International dispute resolution – by Ian Lawless
- Cultural aspects of Dispute Resolution – by Paul Clifford
- European Mediation Conference @ Belfast – 2 days
- Scottish Mediation Network, Edinburgh: delivered workshop on 26 Feb, 10
To appoint this mediator please call 0800 246 1218 or email [email protected]